Bucket List, noun
1: A moderately successful Hollywood movie starring Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman that, whilst cute and watchable, spent far too much money on unnecessary and unconvincing computer graphics.
2: A list of bold and adventurous activities created by an individual in the face of the twin realizations that they are a.) very mortal and not getting any less so and b.) a hopeless slave to Capitalism, that the individual sincerely intends to complete but has the same chance of completing as a badly burned chimpanzee has of winning Miss World.
3: The way Krista and Matt record the list of things they’re definitely going to have a stab at in the next few years but haven’t planned a specific date for yet.
Anyway, here’s the list…
- Finish our TTC Trek; hiking along the entire length of the Toronto subway system, stopping at every station.
[M] Climb the Grand Teton– Completed July 2012
- Complete the Adirondack Great Range Traverse in a day.
[K] Finish a Spartan Beast– Completed July 2013
- Hike the Pemi Loop in NH, in a day.
Climb the Trap Dike on Mount Colden in the the Adirondacks.
- Climb more of the slides in the Adirondack High Peaks. Maybe the Bottle Slide and/or Eagle Slide on Giant Mount, .
Run the Western Uplands Trail in Algonquin Provincial Park.
- Run the Highlands Trail in Algonquin Provincial Park.