Whilst we were away the old Toronto Climbing Academy at Queen and Broadview closed down, and a brand new one opened at Curity and O’Connor. The new one is a bit further away from us, but it’s a superb facility and well worth the 15 minute drive. It’s also on the way home from my new office which makes it convenient for a quick bouldering session on the way home.
We’ve been back from our epic RV tour for about 6 weeks now. It’s been pretty tough trying to get used to city living, a 40 hour working week and the distinctly 2-dimensional landscape. We’ve still been pretty active though, and have made the most of our re-energised enthusiasm for being outdoors and active.
- We’ve got back to climbing regularly, at the all-new, super-awesome Toronto Climbing Academy.
- We’ve been to New York State for a long weekend of hiking in the Adirondacks.
- Krista’s completed the Midsummer Night Run 15km race in an amazing personal best time.
- I’m in training for the Toronto Waterfront Half-Marathon, and am aiming for a sub 1 hour 50 time.
There’s more in the works too.
- I’m planning to take my first steps towards climbing outdoors at the start of next month.
- Krista’s going to continue running, and is working up to the Angus Glen Half Marathon in November. Assuming I can face it after the Waterfront Half Marathon, I may run it with her.
- We’re trying to find a spare weekend to go to New Hampshire to climb Mt Washington, the highest peak in the Eastern States.
Let’s hope we can keep this up!